A digital image was sold - downloaded for $ 10.00
Your commission is $ 5.00
When one of your images is being sold as a print, your commission varies due to price, options, shipping and handling, etc. We outsource the lab so we have to pay the lab for all the prints.
The earnings showing on your Account page, does not reflect the price of the prints and S & H coming out of your half of the pay.
Why ? Because our site is not designed to handle commission to photographers on PRINTS, it was designed only for digital downloads commission.
A print sales for $ 200. We pay the lab $ 125, plus $ 25 S&H, totaling $ 150.
Our profit is $ 50, from which you would get $ 25. Therefore both parties (we and you) gets $ 25.
So, you account page would show commission $ 100, but after deductions you get paid $ 25.
When do I get paid?
Your profit from the sales of your photos is paid to you once a month. For photo and/or canvas prints, you get paid about a month after the sale.
About Quality and Marketability
The more marketable the image, the more money you will make selling it. We are looking for attractive marketable images that can earn money for the uploader and us. The most marketable images are those that are technically and conceptually strong. In other words the image is well focused, has good color and exposure, and also is a strong visual statement of some kind.
We are not looking for mundane snapshots of your car, cat, backyard, vacation, or child unless the shot is remarkable for some reason.
Please read BEFORE submitting any images.
If the bellow guidelines are not respected your images will be deleted :
- in order to save both precious time, please VIEW your images at 100 % and make the necessary corrections before submitting. When viewed at 100 % images should be just as clear and crisp (with no noise, blurriness or grainess), as when viewed as a small size !!
- we accept only JPG images
- - all images must be taken or created by you personally in order to ensure that you have legal ownership rights of the image
- any recognizable PERSONS or PROPERTY must be uploaded with a signed Model or Property Release.
- upload images of interesting subjects. Try to compose shots to feature you subject.
- apply the rule of thirds
- - good color, not washed out, you may have to boost your saturation in Photoshop a littleand/or your camera setting
- - good light levels, white should be pure white and black should be black
- photos which you can imagine being used by someone in a designor decor
- copyright violations - the photo must be taken by you
- - please do NOT upload images that are lifeless, boring, mundane, snapshot-quality, dark underexposed or images with hard flash shadows, images where the main subject is cut off abruptly, badly focused, blurry or overly grainy images, images with no particular subject, etc.
- you cannot upload a retouched image that originated from another source
do not over use filters, such as Noiseware, creating blotches of lost details or other artifacts
remove color fringing created by the camera
- no nudity or sexy images of any kind, this is a christian and family oriented website
- photos cannot contain logos, store names, characters, advertisements, images or graphics that are copyright or identifiable trademarks. Please paint these out.
- images of vehicles need the vehicle registration, make, model and licence plate numbers removed or painted out
do not over sharpen, this is a common mistake
Please do not feel offended if we reject some of your images, this is not our intention, but it is to both parties interest to offer our customers high quality images so they come back and buy more, this being to both benefit.
!!!! Photographers who upload photos that are not their own will lose any account balance and their account permanently !!!!
As this being a photo site for every one's needs, please make sure that whatever image you upload, it is nice, it pops ! An image that YOU would buy to decorate your walls with or represent your business.
If the photo is beautiful, someone will buy it. Therefore, please avoid uploading images that are blah, too common, images that anyone can take, images that are "dead" from an artistic and color point of view.